Thursday, April 4, 2013

One Act Play Competition

Jacob and I (Madie) are members of the Drama Club at Whitcomb High school here in Bethel. This year we practiced and performed The Miser (L' Avare) by MoliEre. Jacob played Valere and I played Mistress Jackie who was originally supposed to be a male part but because we had to many girls and not enough boys try out I was cast as a male part but we turned it in to a female part.
We had one performance for the town and then we went to the One Act Play Competition in Thetford, Vermont on March 23, 2013.
We were great!  It was everyone's opinion (cast and audience included) that we were the best play at our regional.  We would have gone to states had we not gone over the one hour time limit and been disqualified.  Disappointment because of our disqualification was inevitable, but the fact that many people congratulated us on an outstanding performance and that the directors thought we were amazing all helped to ease the pain.  Jacob and I will be participating in Drama again next year so there will be more Feeney awesomeness and Whitcomb Drama Club performances to come!




2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Madie and Jacob! I wish we could have seen you in the play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is actually Allie. The play looks awesome! I can't see most of the other pictures on the blog though, I don't know what's going on.

    ReplyDelete