Monday, September 5, 2011

Monday, Sep. 5 - Items the Feeney's Need

*******
Sun. Sep. 4th - I am adding an update to this post as Dietre was concerned that if people go out and just start buying things -she will end up with 5 crockpots.  If you want to help the Feeney's with these items listed below the best way would be to help them with money or gift cards so they can go get these things on their own.  However, I am still leaving the list posted as if people have extra of these sitting around or if they work places where they could get these items free or discounted, the Feeney's could still use them.  I will try to keep an updated list here so as they receive items they will be taken off the list.  Thank you for your support!
*******

As so many people have been asking what the Feeney's need, Dietre emailed me with a list of items they lost and will eventually need to replace.  If you are interested in helping with any of these, you can send these items or gift cards to the stores she lists below so she can eventually replace these items.  I'm hoping later today to post info on an account for monetary donations.

If you are local, Dietre says there are some items they know came out of the house but people took home to clean off for them and they would like to start gathering all those items back so they know exactly what they need and what they lost.  If you have any of their items, could you please contact Dietre and schedule a time to meet with her so she can get those.  If you need her new cell phone number, email me at jodyrichael@yahoo.com.   

Items the Feeney's lost in the flood:
  • Winter clothing like snow pants, boots, gloves, hats, etc.  (they have been inundated with donations)
  • Kids school books and curriculum (she buys these off Amazon.com and RainbowResource.com)
  • Computer (they have received a new computer and laptop with all the software and accessories)
  • All of Paul and Dietre's fall/winter clothing (they want to hold off on all clothes for now)
  • All their food storage and things like 72 hour kits
  • Camping gear
  • Outdoor equipment such as skis and snowshoes
  • Downstairs furniture such as couch, bookshelves, lamps, desks, kitchen table, chairs, etc.
  • Kitchen items like baking pans, cookie sheets, frying pans, crockpot, Tupperware, mixing bowls, bread pans, colanders, waffle iron, blender etc.
  • Dishtowels, pot holders, etc.
  • All her recipe books
  • All her canning equipment and supplies
  • Vacuum cleaner
  • Entertainment items like Wii, television, DVD/VHS and all their DVD's etc. (A friend of theirs was able to recover their Wii but they did lose the balance board, mic, one controller for the Wii and all the games)
  • All Paul's tools
  • Everything stored in the basement 
  • Games (they have already received Bananagrams, Phase 10, Life, Monopoly, Skip-Bo, Yahtzee, Rack-O)
Items that would be nice to have:
  • tennis rackets and balls
  • outdoor ball toys (they do have a soccer ball but they lost all their baseballs, bats, mitts, etc.)
  • wii games
  • DVD's
  • paddles for their kayak
  • life jackets
  • the kids do have their bikes but no helmets
  • any outdoor toys or yard games like frisbees, etc.  
  • any books - Jacob likes historical/war/non-fiction;  Gabriel will read anything; Madie likes mysteries/suspense but nothing scary

Stores she could use Gift Cards to:
  • Amazon.com
  • LL Bean
  • Kohl's
  • JCPenney
  • Sears
  • Emergency Essentials
  • Eastern Mountain Sports 
 Some of these items I do have specifics on what she had like her favorite cookbooks, favorite DVD's or Wii games, types of canning equipment etc.  So if you want more details, please email me at jodyrichael@yahoo.com.  All comments on this blog are automatically emailed to me so you can just leave a comment as well.

4 comments:

  1. Please ask Deitre if she still needs homeschooling materials. My sis in law homeschooled her son for 3 years- grades 5-6-7, and has all his books and such. She said she'd be happy to share them, unless you found something else. My nephew goes to Princeton now, so it must be a decent curriculum. Let me know ramber418@gmail.com or 685-4501.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will pass that along to her and since you included your contact info I assume she will get back to you directly. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jody, I sent you an email today, I hope you got it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jody, I'm Amanda, a Feeney friend in VT. I actually have the kids' Wii and have gotten it working so they don't need the actual machine. Unfortunately,the Wii balance board was on the floor and I have not been able to get it to run as of now. I will let you know if we getting working. Also, the microphone for the Wii and one controller were also in the mud and water so those will need to be replaced as well.

    Also, I have recovered ALL of their DVDs and they now have them.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete