Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Wednesday, Sep. 14

I talked with Dietre today and they are doing pretty well.  They are still trying to clean stuff off and figure out what is salvageable and what is not.  And they are still trying to meet with insurance people to figure out their long term plan.  They have purchased a couch and chair for their living room area and they have received 3 laptops.  Dietre is extremely grateful for these laptops as it will make things easier with the kids' school.   She says THANK YOU,THANK YOU, THANK YOU to those who sent them!   I will continue to update the earlier blog post with their needs by crossing out items they no longer are in need of so check there often. 

Many people have asked about sizes for clothes and she will get us that information soon.  She is busy working on a content list of everything they lost and then she can think about some other things!  She loves seeing comments and all the support from everyone.  They are doing well under the circumstances and taking one day at a time.  

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are getting the things you need, and that you have a roof over your heads. Your sister in law has been phenomenal in keeping us all informed, as well as others. Thanks for letting people help. I know how difficult it can be to be on the receiving end, but if there was ever a family that deserved it (I mean the charity, not the flood!), you do. I hope today brings some rays of sunshine into your home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jody, for keeping us posted. They are still in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete