Thursday, September 22, 2011

Thursday, September 22

I know it has been a while since I have posted an update.  The Feeney's are very hard to get a hold of right now.  Their home does not have a land line yet (the phone companies have a large backlog of lines to replace and the Feeney's are on the list but not a priority), they do not get cell service at their home, and they do not yet have a working internet connection.  So the only way I can get in touch with them is to text her and then wait for her to drive somewhere with cell service so she can get the text and call me!  And if I am not home when she calls I have to wait until the next time she drives somewhere that has cell service. 

I did talk to Dietre today and they are all doing well.  They still don't have any conclusions on what they can do long term and are meeting with another engineer this weekend.

She gave me a list of items that they no longer need and I have updated the master list which is in the post from Sep. 5th.  She says that people keep asking them what they need and that really her biggest worry at the moment is that the kids are so bored.  They would really like to be outside a lot before the weather turns but they lost most of their outdoor toys so the kids don't have much to do outside.  They live next to tennis courts but have no tennis rackets anymore.  (Update - they were given some tennis rackets this week.)  Here is a list of some things she mentioned they would love to have:  (I did post this as well on the Sep. 5th post as that is where I will keep the master list and cross things off as the Feeney's acquire them.)
  • ball toys (like baseballs, bats, mitts, etc.  - they do have a soccer ball)
  • wii games
  • DVD's
  • they do have their bikes but no helmets
  • they saved their kayak but lost the paddles and all their life jackets
  • any outdoor games like frisbees, yard games, etc.
 Also the kids would love books.  Jacob loves historical/war/non-fiction; Madie loves mysteries and suspense but nothing scary and Gabriel will read anything.

3 comments: